Well Halloween has brought me tricks in the form of a devastating cold that has left me unable to do much over the past few days beyond sleep and watch silly Bollywood movies/depressing NBA games/Whit Stillman movies about disco (incidentally, this movie could be remade ad verbatim about contemporary hipster/blogger/EDM culture). As I am unable to bring you any coherent new content, here are some links about science and Halloween:
- What do Vampire Squid really eat? (Hint: it’s not blood)
- Fear makes the ocean go round
- NeuWriteSD has a week of Halloween links: Zombies are real, the bodiless brain, sucking the magic out of vampires, and an infographic on the effects of sugar
- Why do some brains enjoy fear?
- The forgotten case of the sleepy virus